ColoHealth offers affordable Short-Term Health Insurance Plans
ColoHealth Short-Term Health Insurance Plans
Why a Short-Term Plan?
Short-term plans cover you for up to three months, at which time you can apply for another short-term plan if you want to continue the coverage. Short-term plans are much less expensive than permanent policies.
Just fill out the form below for an instant quote in your area.You can then apply in only about 5 minutes
--for coverage tomorrow.
By clicking submit, you'll see this button:
Click to answer a few questions for quotes related to your age and postal code. In just about 5 minutes, you can get coverage in place for tomorrow!
Is a Short-Term Health Plan Right for You?
ColoHealth offers exceptional short-term medical plans for many different instances which may have caused your insurance to lapse:
- You missed the open enrollment period for ACA-qualified coverage
- You were canceled or now lack employer-based coverage
- You recently graduated and lost educational insurance coverage
- You are no longer eligible for coverage under your parents plan
- You've obtained seasonal employment
- You are in between jobs or are in the middle of a waiting period
- You want to wait on enrollment in Obamacare
- You are months away from Medicare eligibility
Keep in mind that you will not be guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions or the essential benefits of ACA plans, which include 100 percent coverage of preventive care services.
If you missed an open enrollment deadline to put an ACA plan and want coverage for one month or more, a short-term plan can become effective right away. ColoHealth offers affordable short-term health plans that are available for immediate enrollment for coverage in 2017. These plans provide quality individual and family coverage options.
Health Insurance Innovations Short-Term Medical Coverage
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) is a leader in short-term health insurance plans. HII offers temporary medical coverage solutions when you have a lapse in traditional insurance coverage.
Everest STM Plans
- $1,500,000 lifetime max per person
- Waived Urgent care deductible; $50 copay/coinsurance applied
- $250 to $7,500 Deductible
- 80 or 50 percent coinsurance up to $5,000
- Choice of doctor or hospital
- Child only coverage option (2 years and older)
- Single up-front payment or monthly installments
- MasterCard, Visa or automatic bank draft
An Affordable Alternative to Affordable Care Act Plans
Short-term medical plans are a welcome alternative for many as they transition to ACA-qualified plans because they can offer next-day coverage upon enrollment.
You can use the prescription coverage for only the time you need it as you prepare to change to an ACA plan. Short-term plans also offer peace of mind while traveling because they offer extended network availability of doctors and hospitals, as well as out-of-network coverage if needed. You can benefit from deductible values and lifetime maximums that are better than other traditional or newer ACA plans.
Short-term plans are not approved by the Affordable Care Act, so you’re still looking at paying a tax penalty, unless you qualify for an exemption. You could look into claiming a hardship exemption, which covers a multitude of circumstances including eviction or foreclosure, receiving a utility shut-off notice, victim of domestic violence, natural disaster such as fire or flood, and many more.
You can download the application form below and attach the supporting documentation as noted on the form: